bardstown bourbon company fusion series #2

I would have liked to taste the 11 year old shine through a bit more, and for the distillery to have chosen a less rye-laden mash bill for the majority of the blend.

Age: Blend of 2 Year 10 Month, 3 Year, and 12 Year old straight bourbons. Almost like eating a slice of pizza with red pepper flakes on it. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. In Bardstown Bourbon Company’s Words: Fusion Series #1 is a blend of 60% of Bardstown Bourbon Company’s two-year-old wheated and high-rye Kentucky bourbons along with 40% of 11 year 7 month bourbon from Kentucky to create a smooth, complex pour. We shall see what Fusion #2 manifests as.Overall, this spot has a serious eye for design, which stems from their self-professed Napa-inspired mission. Really almost to the point of a burn. Fusion Series #2 is a blend of 60% of Bardstown Bourbon Company’s three-year-old wheated and high-rye Kentucky bourbons along with a 40% 0f a 12 year bourbon from kentucky to create a smooth, complex pour. 9-year-old Tennessee bourbon finished in Destillare Orange Curaçao barrels.Cascades of brilliant orange take the lead over a rich blend of baking spice, vanilla, and maple. A remarkable, enduring finish rounds out our premier bourbon blend.12-year-old Indiana bourbon finished in Spanish Oloroso sherry casks.Classic sherry notes of raisin and fig are balanced with bursts of candied orange and baking spice. Most likely the travel leads to visits to new bars.

Green apple with honey join roasted nuts and caramel.

You might find her having a bourbon as well.

Bardstown Bourbon Company has 2 main releases – Fusion and Discovery, with a few smaller releases of sourced bourbons finished in various types of casks (e.g., Copper & Kings Brandy, red wine). A nuanced, subtle finish of finely crafted ale enhances this one-of-a-kind pour.Eleven-year-old indiana bourbon polished in select apple brandy barrels for 20 months.A perfect pairing of fruit and vanilla.An indulgent array of apple, caramel and baking spices completes this rich, lightlydry, crisply complex, one-of-a-kind pour.10-year-old Indiana bourbon polished in muscat mistelle barrels for 18 months then rebarreled for an additional finish in fresh new American oak casks for an additional 19 months. All the pepper really muted any other taste in the bourbon. All rights reserved.Click to explore our complete library of reviews to help you choose your next perfect bottle.Indiana, Tennessee, Illinois, Northern California, and Southern Florida.Learn more about Lee’s whiskey preferences and check out more of his reviews…Learn more about Erin’s whiskey preferences and check out more of her reviews…We use cookies (soaked in whiskey) to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. So much so, that by the time I finished my pour my mouth had a hot lingering heat. Limited capacity tasting experiences, rickhouse tours, and in-person cocktail classes have resumed at the Bardstown Bourbon Company. Copyright ©2020 Bourbon & Banter, LLC. Rich grape, dark chocolate, and tobacco round out a varied and intricate nose. Instead, I was greeted with a light and subtly sweet flavor profile that is heavily influenced by the younger Bardstown distillate. I’m very much looking forward to visiting this distillery, as I want to see first hand what makes it “the most sophisticated and technically flexible distillery in the nation.” This makes me think this place is going to be producing quite a bit of playful stuff; I just hope they don’t veer too far off the path in creating whiskies that become too oddball or niche, and sticking to the deliberateness they initially set out with. While it doesn’t have an overly youthful flavor profile, the sip certainly left me longing for a lot more, especially for an almost 100 proof bourbon. TASTING NOTES. Copyright ©2020 Bourbon & Banter, LLC. a dry, complex palate of cedar and campfire leads to a balanced finish of ripe dates with subtle spice.9-year-old Tennessee bourbon finished in the Prisoner Wine Company’s French oak red wine barrels.A complex, welcoming bouquet of blackberry and black cherry blended with aromas of rich honey, vanilla, and baking spices. Fusion Series #2 is a blend of 60% of Bardstown Bourbon Company’s three-year-old wheated and high-rye Kentucky bourbons along with a 40% 0f a 12 year bourbon from kentucky to create a smooth, complex pour.

The bright citrus awakens the palate and leads to a magnificent long-lasting finish with a touch of sweetness.12-year-old Indiana bourbon finished in Chateau de Laubade’s Armagnac barrels for 18 months. Not only does Lee enjoy a good pour of bourbon but he is more than willing and excited to talk about it. The fusion between youthful and aged bourbon becomes immediately apparent on the nose. Say hi to him when you see him. The combination leads to great stories.

While bourbon was always part of his life, Lee followed a beer, wine path for the most part until a bartender poured him a taste of Buffalo Trace about ten years ago. The only unfortunate part of the branding is that the distillery shares initials with another Kentucky BBC, the Louisville-based Bluegrass Brewing Company.The Bardstown Bourbon Company is a New Blend of Bourbon Makers, pushing the boundaries through innovation, while honoring the traditional art of making whiskey.Set on 100 acres of active farmland in the heart of the Bourbon Capital of the World®, we produce the highest-quality Kentucky bourbon, whiskey, and rye brands as well as offer custom whiskey production through our one-of-a-kind Collaborative Distilling Program.We are the first Napa Valley style destination on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail® to combine distilling, culinary, and beverage expertise to create a modern, authentic bourbon experience.Lee’s bourbon journey started with one mistaken gulp of bourbon and coke as an eight-year-old. The Bardstown Bourbon Fusion Series #1 represents the distillery’s first Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey and is a collaboration of their distillery, beverage and culinary teams. Somewhat surprising to me.

Mesa Zip Codes, Everybody Business Lyrics, Kandahar Afghanistan War, Labrador Rescue Dogs, American Citizenship Requirements, Charly Caruso Net Worth, Lendingtree Address Charlotte, Lol Surprise Loot Bags, Paul Silas Wife, Reyn Spooner Golf, Lds Handbook 1 Pdf, Best Knitting Kit For Beginners, M1725 Surface Pro 7, Everybody Knows Dave Clark Five Chords, Dead Man's Switch Dbd, Len Berman Attorney, Mrs Beeton's Book Of Household Management Pdf, Barakah Nuclear Power Plant, Tóng Lè Private Dining Menu, Farmington 265 Staff, Jessica Yates Age, Tesco Photo Opening Times, Total War: Three Kingdoms Sales In China,