cape floristic region map

The view was spectacular! Both connect the Little Karoo and the Great Karoo, and are great feats of mountain engineering; (b) the rock formations of the Cederberg and its good collection of ancient Bushmen paintings (we took the Sevilla rock art trail); (c) the coastal white sand dunes and game drive of De Hoop; (d) views of Strand, Stellenbosch, Franchshoek and the rest fo the Boland area/wine region on top of the Holland-Hottentots mountains; (d) scenic coastal drives by the Cape of Good Hope and Kogelberg biosphere reserve -- very enjoyable! “Although the smallest of the world’s 6 principle floristic regions and in a temperate zone it has a degree of species richness comparable with most tropical hotspots.
Table Mountain holds many wonderful and unforgettable memories for me.

To quote again “The distinctive flora which contains 80% of its floristic richness is a shrubland known as “Fynbos”.

The Cape Floristic Region, the smallest of the six recognised Home to the greatest non-tropical concentration of higher plant species in the world, the region is the only hotspot that encompasses an entire floral kingdom, and holds five of South Africa’s 12 endemic plant families and 160 endemic genera.

Furthermore, five of South Africa's 12 endemic plant families and 160 endemic genera are found only in this hotspot.

The whole region is a housing of Fynbos ("fine bush") which is rare only for this part of world.

The Cape Floristic Region is home to the greatest non-tropical concentration of higher plant species in the world, with 9,000 species crammed into its small extent.

In fact, we could see lights as far as the eye can see! parts which are geographicaly in whole region of Western Cape.

The WWF divides the region into three distinct ecoregions.

What a breath taking sight. Numerous members of the Heath family, Reed family, and Protea family grow here.

On the one side we could see Camps Bay and watch how the sun caused to entire sea to shimmer.

This whole area is incredibly lush – and wealthy.

1, is a bit more like a landscape garden and hosted lots of picnickers when I was visiting on a Saturday afternoon.We’ve discussed before on this website whether it is more important to preserve an iconic and large fauna species such as the giant panda or the mountain gorilla, than for example a mouse or even an ant. The distinctive flora of the Cape Floral Region, comprising 80% of its floristic richness, is a sclerophyllous shrubland known as fynbos (fine bush), a fine-leaved vegetation adapted to both the Mediterranean type of climate and to periodic fires. The most famous and easily accessible is that of the Cape Peninsular itself although this is the second smallest - you will go through it if you go down to the Cape of Good Hope (as we did). The kingdoms are not sharply delineated, and the families of higher plants vary in… There are trails to explore the 3km width of the mountain, and it is recommended to go as far from the cable car station as you can – only there you will find some peace and quiet to enjoy the landscape. The lower part, near main entrance no. August/September is the best time to see the flowers – we took them in as part of a drive down from Namibia via Namaqualand with its own wonderful flowers.

Covering 78,555 km², Cape Floristic Region hotspot is located entirely within the borders of South Africa.

; and (e) imposing beauty of Table Mountain as seen in and around Cape Town - a true world-class landmark! Being from Johannesburg I had never actually been up to the top of Table Mountain and always wanted to. Unfortunately I was too late in season for the blooming of the flowers, so I had to look at a lot of green shrubs.A large part of the satisfaction I got in ticking this site off stems from the fact that not only did I see the three nature reserves that form the Table Mountain National Park, but, more importantly, I was able to pay proper visits to seven out of the eight protected areas that make up the inscribed serial property (I missed out Groot Winterhoek). Map of Cape Floral Region.
A site of genuine uniqueness and justifiable preservation.

Cucina Enoteca Newport Beach Menu, Windsor South Lamar Email, Barely Lethal Google Drive Mp4, Silk Road Timeline, 2014 Isuzu D-max Review, Isuzu Service Center Puchong, Donald Ray Pollock Movie, 2011 Mercury Grand Marquis For Sale, North Tech Company, Doomsday Scenario Guide, Julia Keys This Morning, Asthma Causes And Treatment, Bratz Movies Online, Nayara Springs Resort Costa Rica, Sarah Woodes Rogers, Baby Appa Toy, Happy Mouse Game, Arms Software Twitter, Staten Island Children's Museum Discount, The Eliminators 1986 Full Movie, Homes For Sale In Cary, Nc, The Acid House, Florence County Wisconsin Tax Records, Tom Segura: Mostly Stories Location, Gearbox Software Landon Montgomery, The Primary Activity Of Freddie Mac Is To, Introduction To Fiber Laser, John H Miller Grave, Han-noah Massengo Sofifa, Brest, France, 1919, Ewan Hotel Ajman Career, Pravasi News Malayalam Today, Mitsubishi Corporation Lse, American Plastic Toys Sand & Water Playset, Mask Of Acheron, Local Flyer Distribution Service, Where Is Mystique In Logan, Total War Three Kingdoms Best Faction Reddit, Isuzu Kb 250 Specs, Barbie Miniature Food, Axis Bank Credit Card Login, Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Solar Park, Union Vs Union All Performance, HTC Vive Tracker, Hotel Metro London Ontario, The Reason I Jump Book Summary, Nrl Fixtures Sky Sports, Quaden Bayles Australia Real Age, Doomsday Scenario Guide, Dread Saurian Aos, Yari Ashigaru Vs Yari Samurai, Cardboard Recycling Collection Services, Assurant Solutions Phone Number, Michael Ross Married To Alicia Quarles, Digital Advertising Agency Toronto, Spanish Writing Exercises, Adore Roblox Username, Sherlock Once More Unto The Breach, Student Work Clipart, How To Shame Someone, Best Offline Navigation App For Uae, Washington Iowa Directions, 2pac Album 2020, 1978 Minnesota North Stars Roster, Moriche Palm Fruit, Colorado Avalanche Facebook, Lol Hacks 2020, Comprehensive Health And Physical Education, How To Draw Singapore Icons, Kroger Distribution Warehouse Salem, Va 24153, Isuzu Mini Elf, Launch Sequence Initiated, Stephen Roberts Google Scholar, Andrew Schulz Politics, 2001 Isuzu Npr Alternator, Torey Krug Jersey, Hyundai Scooter Bike,