david silva valencia

Manchester City signing Ferran Torres has revealed how David Silva inspired him during his days at Valencia.Silva came through the ranks at Valencia before leaving in 2010 for City, where he was won four Premier League titles.“When I started at Valencia, he was enjoying his best time at the club,” Torres told City’s “He was always an inspiration and then, when he moved to City where he’s been playing his best football, I’ve always admired him.“Above all, [what impressed him was] his ability to hold the ball, his capacity to make the final pass and his quality.”On making the same adjustment to English football as Silva went through, Torres added: He said: “The truth is that English football is more physical than it is in Spain but I really feel I’m ready and I’m looking forward to getting going as soon as possible.“I’d say that I have more strength than speed. Not that it’s his style, anyway.Indeed, whisper it but there’s an outside chance, if circumstances dictate, that the man they call “Merlin” — after the mythical wizard — might already have worn the club’s blue shirt in a competitive game for the last time.Now, let’s take the best-case scenario: How about Silva ending his decade-long, era-changing City career by lifting the Champions League trophy as captain?Whatever happens over the coming days during the finale of Europe’s top club competition in Lisbon, the Spanish playmaker has already etched his name in City lore as perhaps its greatest player.More than that, Silva has been a driving force behind the way soccer has been redefined in England, where subtlety, creativity and technical qualities are valued as much as the long-standing virtues of power and physicality.“He’s tiny,” City manager Pep Guardiola said, “a little player, not a box-to-box player. Jasper Cillessen has failed to live up to expectations following his move from Barcelona a year ago, and los Murcelagos are already prepared to cut their losses on the Dutchman. David Silva could sign for Italian club Lazio this summer after leaving Man City. Six years earlier, in fact, when he joined from Valencia for 24 million pounds and as a newly crowned World Cup winner with Spain.The Premier League wasn’t the domain of the little playmaker at the time — Chelsea’s attacking midfielders were the powerful Michael Ballack and Frank Lampard, for example, and Liverpool’s was dynamic captain Steven Gerrard — though the seeds of change were there.Luka Modric was starting to excel in a deeper role at Tottenham, Cesc Fabregas was already flourishing at Arsenal, albeit in a more box-to-box role.

Manchester, August 12: New Manchester City signing Ferran Torres was inspired by David Silva when he started out at Valencia. A statue of Silva may be built, or a training ground named after him like with Yaya Toure.Before that, he has a soccer resume to complete by winning the Champions League for the first time.Silva played the last 10 minutes against Real Madrid in the second leg of the round of 16 last week and is unlikely to start the quarterfinal against Lyon on Saturday, having been left out of the biggest games by Guardiola in the last couple of years because of his fading intensity and physicality.City fans will hope, at least, for a substitute appearance, and more sightings of their playmaker in the semifinals and final.“I don’t think he’d be too bothered if he was appreciated,” Lescott said, “but I’d like him to know he really is.”© 2020 ABG-SI LLC. I'm the greatest fighter since the conception of God': Mike Tyson issues fierce warning to Roy Jones Jr during intense new promo ahead of clash between boxing legendsNewcastle's £300m takeover collapsed because of concerns the Saudi Arabian state would control the club as it's revealed Premier League's offer to break deadlock was REJECTED by consortium during crucial Owners and Directors TestMARTIN SAMUEL: Ali al-Faraj's reign at Portsmouth left the Premier League with scars over transparency... the Saudi-consortium's failure to answer one easy question saw their Newcastle deal dieRB Leipzig boss Julian Nagelsmann reveals he clashed with Diego Simeone 'in a spat on the way to the dressing room' at half-time as his team knocked out Atletico Madrid in a stunning Champions League victoryArsenal left furious by Mesut Ozil's outburst after German midfielder defended his decision to reject a pay cut and said he won't be forced to leaveLyon could protest to UEFA after Dutch referee Danny Makkelie is appointed to officiate Saturday's Champions League tie against Manchester City... as a win for Pep Guardiola's side will send Ajax through to next year's competition Robert Lewandowski has scored an astonishing 53 goals this season... but can he claim to be better than Lionel Messi?

Restaurants In Bharuch, Barbie Craft Ideas, New Life Church Bronx, Resurrection Fest 2020 Lineup, Offerup Charlotte, Nc, Combo Tickets For Singapore Attractions, Sheikh Abdulaziz Bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, Best Series On Amazon Prime, Dubai Prince Life, Toyota Avensis 2005 Interior, Mutek Sf 2020 Schedule, Mcu Eternal Ultimatum, Darius Khondji Bio, Olivia Nelson-ododa Brother, Callaway Pre-owned Shipping, Ea-6b Prowler Crew, How To Turn Off Light Up Mermaid Barbie, Fr Investor Relations, Is Jim Carrey Left Handed, Arctic Circle Holidays, Kill Your Masters Shirt, Honda Del Sol Vtec, Billy Mayfair 2018 Earnings, Aaron Paul I Take Responsibility, Led Zeppelin Heartbreaker, Troy Aikman Jersey Amazon, Charles County Summer School 2019, The Invisible Man Explained Reddit, French Fold Brochure, Introduction To Fiber Laser, David Suzuki Secondary School Ranking, Jarrod Bowen Skills, Borderlands 3 Dlc Bounty Of Blood Review, Play Sand Tesco Ireland, Hotels In Salina, Kansas, Chon-fm Phone Number, Yonkers Public Schools Coronavirus, Nissan Almera 2015, Tourist Places In Fujairah, Scare Pewdiepie Season 2 2020, Valpo Animal Shelter, South Carolina Average Temperature In January, Altura Apartments Seattle, The Reef Newport Menu, Swing Tamp Label Applicator, Capella Singapore Rooms, 5am Ventures Contact, Iphone Xr Brasil Preço, Where Does Melissa Mccarthy Live Now, Superman Funeral For A Friend/8, Is Divergent On Hulu 2020, Spring Of Life,