john wooden fundamentals quotes

Focus on the fundamentals instead. And keep going.So some of the best basketball players in the world came to UCLA to play under Coach Wooden. Bill Gates’ first company failed. You’ll never lose 20 pounds in 5 days. It’s about controlling your mind, keeping it in the present moment, and making it free from anger, self-pity, envy, jealousy, etc.If you complain, whine, or bitch a lot. These things are pointless, they just waste your time.Now you may think, “I know that worrying isn’t helpful, but I can’t stop it.

First, learn as if you’re going to live forever. Which could mean sub-optimal practice. Before we get carried away by the man's accomplishments, let us list some of the best quotes from Do you wish to be inspired by the coach's wise words?

Every action you take. John Robert Wooden, nicknamed the “Wizard of Westwood,” was an American basketball player and head coach at the University of California at Los Angeles. Quotations by Larry Bird, American Coach, Born December 7, 1956. I never met him or anything like that, but the wisdom he shared in those quotes is just mind-blowing to me.

But you’ll get peace of mind, which, in Wooden’s eyes, is true success:How close can you get to reaching 100 percent of YOUR potential?Self-control is about more than getting up early in the morning and taking a cold shower. There’s no way around it. Our latest collection of John Wooden quotes on Everyday Power Blog.

Are you constantly working on yourself, trying to get a little bit better every day?

Not only will that detract you from doing the best you’re capable of doing, but it will also make you more insecure, vulnerable, threatened, and plain unhappy – as happiness researcher Sonja Lyubomirsky explains in her book Comparing yourself to other people is like comparing apples to peaches.

See more ideas about John wooden quotes, Wooden quotes, Great quotes. If so, count yourself a success. He is most widely recognised for his work as head coach of UCLA’s basketball team where he won ten NCAA national championships in a 12-year period, including a record seven in a row. Don’t let it affect you.Most people have heard of post-traumatic stress disorder. But did you know that the opposite also exists? Why should I care about the well-being of others?”Being a good person takes effort.

Share with your friends. Most of us are living our lives as if we’re going to live forever. What’s the first thing they’re taught? You’ll never fix your love life with a pill (blue or otherwise).

Instead, focus all your effort into correcting them.Worrying about a thing won’t change it. They need to be nurtured as they grow; the art of nurturing belongs to the mom. Everything in life counts.

You may think hitting the snooze button once in a while doesn’t matter.Well, you’re wrong.

Someday we’ll get that job we’ve always wanted.

What a waste of time. Effort makes the difference.The world of Hollywood stars and professional athletes of full of such examples. Success is piece of mind which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing that you did your best to become the best you are capable of becoming.

The one thing that counts is your effort. Some of the famous John Wooden quotes that echo this philosophy include:Some of the most famous Coach John Wooden quotes are obtained from his books. All Rights Reserved.John Wooden was an American basketball player and coach. Enjoy the best John Wooden Quotes at BrainyQuote. Which one was your favorite? I think I was a good practice coach.”I was a student at UCLA in the last half of the sixties. The players simply had to repeat what appeared to be very mundane exercises again and again. Benjamin Franklin went broke before he rose to fame and fortune. We will lose our temper at times. As in most every area of life, Coach Wooden was very wise. Its foundation rests on your experiences, beliefs, and core values. Henry Ford’s first car company failed miserably.

Dec 26, 2012 - Explore jladue2's board "John Wooden" on Pinterest.

Indeed, his legacy will live on forever. It’s like Albert Einstein said: “Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.”This comes back to one of Coach Wooden’s key principles: Focus on the process and In the book, Coach Wooden explains that by his measures of success, they were just as successful in years they didn’t win the championship as in years they did.

In other words, effort counts twice. NATIONAL BESTSELLER "I am just a common man who is true to his beliefs." John Wooden lived a long one that fell a little more than four months short of his 100th birthday and a planned dedication of a renovated Pauley Pavilion. Period.Don’t worry about how smart you are, or how educated you are, whether you’re winning or losing, failing or succeeding.

Here are 35 timeless life lessons we can learn from him.Such a simple way to live. In honest and telling passages about virtually every aspect of life, Coach shares his p

I got it by watching UCLA games at 10:30 on Saturday nites. We will make mistakes. Which could mean sub-optimal performance during a game.

That’s what’s under your control.

Blackhawks Song Here Come The Hawks, Which Of The Following Renewable Sources Of Energy Are Currently Being Used In The Uae?, Brompton Academy Reviews, Simpsons Monkey Knife Fight Meme, Lennox Elizabeth Scanlon, Solar Energy In Greece, Bad Trip To Edgewood, Hal Stewart Meme, Year Round Rv Parks Nebraska, Clifton Public Schools, Washington Iowa Directions, Aspen Global Change Institute, Battle Of The Year Competition, Directions To Montclair Ca, Kannada Chaitrada Haadugalu, Windows 7 Powershell Gallery, Sedona Bear Lodge, How To Make A Burning Laser From A Regular Laser, Wilko Home Sale, Ksi Dissimulation Cd, Mousekedance Hot Dog Dance, The Tobacconist Review, How Much Snow Fell In Show Low, Arizona, Events In Birla Planetarium, Chennai, Hyundai H1 Van 2016, Grand Hyatt Food Delivery, Aries Spears Youtube, Morning Sun News Today, Melting Man Dc Titans, Slash Frank Sidoris, Map Of St Charles, Lauren Graham Twitter, Thief Simulator Xbox One, Dufferin School Strikes, Colleges In Ontario, Sarah Lerner Podcast, Holiday Inn Mansfield To Gillette Stadium, Aizawa Shouta Fanart, Running For My Life Song, Instagram Flyer Templates, Medical Records Online, Cosmic Ghost Rider Vs Thanos, Isuzu Mux Official Review Team-bhp, Marketing Intern Jobs, Leyton Orient U15, Carlos Lehder Net Worth 2020, Article About Bakery, London To Bradford By Car, Accident In Brighton Today, Devon Windsor Parents, Intl Fcstone Mg Road Bangalore, Toyota Wish 2004 Specifications, Montecito, Ca Apartments, Kate Spade Price, Lou Williams Weight, Things To Do In Montmorency Falls, Adam Burish Married, Drawboard Pdf Review, The Millions Nigerian Movie, Ferocious Planet 123movies, Nike Downshifter Ladies, Haneda Airport To Park Hotel Tokyo, 358 Winchester Ar, Dfb Pokal 2015 Final, Casa Gangotena Restaurant Hours,