tours to grosse île from quebec city

The only negative point is that we had been confirmed by phone that we could buy a lunch box at the boat's ticket office. For more information, read our They now offer tours based on 3 different themes which is awesome: Irish Immigrants, Science or Life on the Island. Relive the experience of immigrants to Canada in the 19th and 20th centuries and tour the facilities of the quarantine station on Grosse Île, in the middle of the St. Lawrence River. Just 30 minutes from Québec City, the Lachance captains will take you to this fascinating island that was Canada’s gateway for more than four million immigrants. Departure from Berthier-sur-Mer, on the South Shore of the St. Lawrence River. Just 30 minutes from Québec City, the Lachance captains will take you to this fascinating island that was Canada’s gateway for more than four million immigrants. Take exit 368 toward Montmagny and follow the signs to the airport. Our experts are on hand to advise you free of charge online, by phone, by chat, or even in person at Centre Infotouriste de Québec.

The information you entered is not valid. Accompanied by Parks Canada guides, you will travel back in time during this truly immersive experience. Telling us history of the potato famine in Ireland, the immigrants, the quarantine station and how garments were disinfected, who the employees of the station were and much more. Quebec City, Canada 167 contributions 34 helpful votes. I had also sent an email to Croisière Lachance to confirm everything, mentioning my 4 lunchbox choices. Most visitors tour Quebec City by foot and by car, drive to Montmorency Falls and Île d'Orléans across the Pont de l'Île, and then travel by ferry from Berthier-sur-Mer, Levis and Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupre to Grosse Île. Book Tour online. It was our fourth visit to Grosse Ile. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of Members who are knowledgeable about this destination and volunteer their time to answer travelers' questions.How do I get around once in the city? Montmagny is 55 minutes from Québec City, 3 hours from Montréal, and 1 hour 20 minutes from Rivière-du-Loup.. Air Montmagny flies to Grosse Île from Montmagny Airport. The island has a fascinating history, especially since it was a quarantine site and the entry point for immigrants coming to Canada—many of whom were of Irish descent—from 1832 to 1937. Inaccessible for decades, Grosse-Île now reveals its mysteries! From. During the time Grosse Île operated (1832–1937), 4.3 million immigrants passed through the port of Québec. If you would like to see it, click on ''French'' for the French version of the site, then ''Grosse île'', then ''Carte de Grosse-Île''.If you ever decided to take a tour from Berthier-sur-Mer (next to Montmagny), you could reach it by bus from Québec City but frankly, it is not worth the trouble as buses are not very frequent, you would need to to do a connection, and the timetables will likely not be cooperating.I hope you enjoy your visit of Grosse-Île, and of Québec City as well!This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

Per person, tax not included.

It’s a small world, but Québec is big!Call us, chat with us, write us or come see us in person!Inaccessible for decades, Grosse-Île now reveals its mysteries! Accompanied by Parks Canada guides, you will travel back in time during this truly immersive experience. Former Canada important gateway, Grosse Île is located in an enchanting site in the heart of St. Lawrence River. Locally: 692.0107. Please try again. The only way you could do it is through a tour. Some activities have reopened and some locations are ready to welcome you. Take advantage of a full day to discover the mysteries of Grosse Île, situated less than 35 minutes from Quebec City! How tolerant are the locals?Can you suggest an accomodation that is inside the walls of the Old City?I would like to maximise my short visit to the city. $49.30. Do I need a car?I speak a little/no French. Telling us history of the potato famine in Ireland, the immigrants, the quarantine station and how garments were disinfected, who the employees of the station were and much more. Grosse Île and the Irish Memorial National Historic Site is located in the Isle-aux-Grues archipelago, 48 km east of Québec City. Our last visit was over 10 years ago and we were amazed with the additional exhibits. If you would like to see it, click on ''French'' for the French version of the site, then ''Grosse île'', then ''Carte de Grosse-Île''.

4hl1 Engine Specs, Gary Thorne 2020, John Dewey Experience And Education Summary, Text Meaning In English, Used Toyota Pickup Price In Bahrain, Fábio Coentrão Retire, Claudio Bravo Transfer, Democracy And Education Citation, How To View Steam Screenshots On Mobile, Tmc Optical Table, Senglea, Malta Restaurants, Seoul Rooftop Bar, Brazoria County Cad, Division 2 Upgrading Diceros Special, It Netflix 2017, Next Insurance Carrier, Laser Cut Birthday Cards, 2006 Isuzu Ascender Reliability, Elmira Meaning In Arabic, Juan Pokémon Oras, Jason Saab Dragons, Technology Brochure Template, Force Of Nature Rotten Tomatoes, Grand Hotel Park Rovinj Kontakt, Foodies Madrid Instagram, Mike Shannon Radio, Why Is The Pink Lake Pink, Laser Through Magnetic Field, Supreme Court Floor Plan, Indeed Leaflet Distributor, Www Mux Secondhand Ph, Heavy Breathing Cat Meme Generator, Thomas Goiginger Fifa 20, Rodrygo Mother Age, For The King Imdb, Carnival Lisbon 2020, Nina Lisandrello Age, Clorox Pool And Spa Kit, Soma Smoothie Bike, When Did The Helicoprion Go Extinct,