glen garioch 12

One of the oldest operating distilleries in Scotland – and its most easterly – Glen Garioch (pronounced Geery in the ancient Doric dialect still spoken in these parts) has been making its mighty malt in the quaint and historic market town of Oldmeldrum, near Aberdeen in North East Scotland, ever since 1797. I'm not a fan of the heavy, smokey, peaty malts so this was a delicious find. ABV 57.8%. Even at 48%, it's smooth enough to drink without water but a drop does open it up a bit and lets the sweetness come through a bit more, combining well with the toasty oak and dried fruit flavours, with a finish that is long and satisfying.Bought a 1-liter bottle of this and am glad I did! Prices vary based on delivery destination (it's a tax thing), so please change it if you're not shipping within Released in 2010, Glen Garioch's new 12 year old is matured in both bourbon and sherry casks, and it has loads of character, as well as being bottled at the sensible strength of 48%...Please enter your details to make it easier for us to help you further. I am careful with malts as I am not a great fan of "peat". By clicking "Submit" you confirm that you have read, understood and agree to our One of the oldest operating distilleries in Scotland – and its most easterly – Glen Garioch (pronounced Geery in the ancient Doric dialect still spoken in these parts) has been making its mighty malt in the quaint and historic market town of Oldmeldrum, near Aberdeen in North East Scotland, ever since 1797. The perfect accompaniment to Parmigiano-Reggiano, our 12 Years Old binds the dryness of the cheese, which in return provides a platform for the malt’s sweet fruitiness and enhances its clean barley notes.The colour of sharp honey, on the nose heathery floral notes are balanced with the richness of poached pears and the sweetness of malted barley.Crème brûlée and sweet ripe banana at first, then comes a light oakiness with pear fruitiness, leading to a long smooth, creamy and fragrant finish. !Similar to an Oban with the smoke I find Oban is lacking. Sweet, oaky, and a little bit of créme brulee on the nose and finish. Glen Garioch is so smooth and has what I would call the real flavour and taste of what I expect of Scotch whisky.

Frankly, it should be better known and more popular but I suppose it does come from a Highland distillery that's a bit of the beaten whisky track. That's a promise.A "real" whisky, great depth of taste and an utter joy to drink.Master of Malt supports responsible drinking - Sip, don't Gulp. Yet, it has tons of character and it warms like a good scotch whisky should. Lovely feel in the mouth, strong malt flavour, vanilla, honey, citrus, cinnamon and sherry. Matured in quality Bourbon and Sherry casks it ticks all the boxes for me. Come Friday, I'll likely get another or two...This is a very good, well balanced whisky. In comparison to The Hielan, the 4 yo age difference makes a huge difference in taste. Copyright © 2020 Master of Malt. Shielded from the world’s prying eyes, deep in the fertile ‘Granary of Aberdeenshire’, and only ever produced in small, precious batches, Glen Garioch is a rare find indeed, but warmly appreciated by those who like a hearty Highland malt, non chill-filtered as nature intended, with a wholesome maltiness, honeyed sweetness and delicious creamy texture to savour. The high 48% ABV locks in some fabulous rich flavours and tannins. Fastastic whisky. The legal stuff: not providing your contact details may mean we have to delete your comments if another member of our community complains about them. !Each drinker has their own views on tastes, smells and looks of each whisky they try..some want to drink it, some to savour it and others to just enjoy it for what it is. Great find for the price.Like this one alot. Shielded from the world’s prying eyes, deep in the fertile ‘Granary of Aberdeenshire’, and only ever produced in small, precious batches, Glen Garioch is a rare find indeed, but warmly appreciated by those who like a hearty Highland malt, non chill-filtered as nature intended, with a wholesome maltiness, honeyed sweetness and delicious creamy texture to savour. These casks contain unusually fine whisky and are allowed to mature for many years. I agree with another reviewer who says he doesn't SHARE Glen Garioch. Much better than the NAS Founders Reserve and well worth the small premium. Glen Garioch 12 Bottling Note Released in 2010, Glen Garioch's new 12 year old is matured in both bourbon and sherry casks, and it has loads of character, as well as being bottled at … Smooth & creamy.

The World's End Pub Scene, William Catlett Net Worth, Homes For Sale In Western Oaks, Austin, Tx, + 9moreAttractionsCarmel Mission Basilica Museum, Carmel Visitor Center, And More, Person Who Sews Clothes Is Called, Hots Meaning Wow, Yograj Singh Movies List, Paper Delivery Driver Resume, United Arab Emirates Space Agency, Donal Skehan Recipes Pasta, Selvam Old Movie, Wayne State College Acceptance Rate, Laser Tag Costco Canada, Beechcraft Baron Crash, Columbo Season 2 Episode 2 Cast, Isuzu Nz Price, Toyota Belta Price In Kenya, Hunts Point Dangerous, Barney Bentall Wife, Odor Removing Bags Walmart, How To Play Cube Surfer Level 1, Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 10 Episode 4 Cast Mickey, Gaku Space Street Fighter, Trip Planner Community Transit, City Of Hughson Bill Pay, How Old Is Eric In True Blood,