melinda name popularity

Mel means honey or honeybee, or alternatively dark, and is found as an element in such names as Melissa and Pamela. In the eighteenth century there was a poetic fad for names with the 'inda' sound, and, along with Belinda, Clarinda, Dorinda and Florinda, Melinda was one of those created at that time. This once, top 1000 name, Melinda is currently less popular.It reached its highest popularity RANKING of #72 in 1973. In the United States, its popularity peaked in 1973 at No.

I like Mel for short!

In recent years, continuing the trend, the number of babies given the name Melinda has dropped.What does the future hold for the popularity of Melinda?Melinda's popularity is at an extremely low point when measured against its most notable year.The name Melinda is still rare and will probably continue to drift downward in popularity. These 16 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Melinda. The name Melinda is a girl's name of English origin meaning "beautiful honey".. Also my nick name is Mindy which I hate! Her dad was Southern and it has a very southern-belle feel, but still classy and fit for an intelligent lady like her. To rate names on Nameberry, please register for an account or log in to an existing account.You will receive an email (no more than once per day) summarizing any new mentions of Melinda on Nameberry. Anyone I know who has my name was def born between late 60's -late 70's , I'm actually in between. How popular is Melinda? The more babies that are given a particular name, the higher the popularity ranking. 72. origin of MELINDA name, Popularity of name, analysis , gender of MELINDA, Acrostic Poem, Name Meaning, Name Characteristics other details; Advertisement ... Our research results for the name of MELINDA hasn’t been found in the Bible/Torah/Quran. The phrase "Mork where's Mindy?" In 2018 the rare name Melinda, ranked the 1,783rd Most Popular … Otherwise I don't really hear my name anymore but know 4 other woman who have it. It began to fade as nickname Mindy ascended.

Melinda - Name Meaning, Origin & Popularity.

Melinda is a name that's been used primarily by parents who are considering baby names for girls.

Nowadays, however, Melinda feels more contemporary than cousins Melissa, Mindy, Belinda and Linda. The name Melinda means Black And Beautiful and is of American origin. E is for Energy, you’re passionate and alive, Would you like to follow Melinda?In the eighteenth century there was a poetic fad for names with the 'inda' sound, and, along with Belinda, Clarinda, Dorinda and Florinda, Melinda was one of those created at that time. Spelling of Melinda M-E-L-I-N-D-A, is a 7-letter female given name. Meaning of MELINDA name, name definition, name in the Bible/Torah/Quran? Pronunciation of Melinda mə-LIN-də meh LEEN dah Meaning of Melinda Honey, black and beautiful, woman of gloom, blending of 'mel' and 'inda. ;)I like this name a lot more than Belinda or Linda. Spelling Alphabet. Popularity in the United States. Acrostic Poem About Melinda. She always goes by Melinda, but sometimes friends call her Mel.

Hasn’t added any information.

1890 1900 1910 1920 1930 1940 1950 1960 1970 1980 …

Therefore in the case of names with fewer occurrences, names with the same number of occurrences may have vastly different rankings because they will be interranked alphabetically.Please note, we update the data each May when the SSA releases new figures. Great name!I like Melinda. Relative to what it once was, Melinda has fallen out of favor as a given name.

We're excited that you have an opinion about the name Melinda. After Alamein we never had a defeat." Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC. Our Baby Namer - Origin and Meaning of Baby Names, Books, Gifts*Mouse over the charts or scroll down to the table for data details. In 1990 it was in the top 1000 names in the US, and in 2002 it was in the top 100 names in Hungary. Slightly prefer Melissa, but only by a tiny bit.The prettiest of all the -linda names in my opinion! Combination of Mel (from names such as MELANIE or MELISSA) with the popular name suffix inda.It was created in the 18th century, and may have been inspired by the similar name Belinda.In Hungary, the name was popularized by the 1819 play Bánk Bán by József Katona. "Before Alamein we never had a victory. But, the greatest number of babies were given the name in 1970 with 4,225 occurrences.The least amount of newborns dubbed Melinda in any given year was 5 in 1911.Melinda, decisively moved upwards in popularity around the years 1932-1943, 1945-1956, and 1958-1962, whereas clearly downward trends happened around 1979-1983, 1984-2003, and 2010-2013.Melinda's popularity has been spiralling downward for some time. from (The Mork & Mindy show) got real old & sounded very corny to me, haha! If multiple names have the same usage, the tie is broken by assigning popularity rank in alphabetical order. Find out more about the name Melinda at BabyNames.com. See the popularity of the girl's name Melinda over time, plus its meaning, origin, common sibling names, and more in BabyCenter's Baby Names tool. Melinda is a name fashioned from two common elements in girls' names.

Cama Hospital Gynaecologist, Kia Singapore Promotion, 2019 Ram 5500, Fukrey Returns Katty, 605 Davis Street Austin Tx 78701, Clearwater International News, Chris Hogan Millionaire Study, Arrow New York Wiki, Isn't It Bromantic, The Returning 2020 Movie, Doubletree Scottsdale Pool Hours, Al Qudra Lakes, Urquhart Castle Parking, Ikea Dollhouse Bed, Jalen Rose Filipino, Kempinski Jakarta Instagram, 8x10 Landscape Book Mockup, Adam Carolla Wife, Braemar Scotland Highland Games 2020, North Carolina Lottery Pick 3, Dubai Hop-on Hop-off Bus Reviews, Baguio City Map, Long Range Weather Forecast Santander Spain, Sonoma Shoes Website, Painting Business Flyer Templates, Dhiyab Bin Isa Al Nahyan, Night Out Places Near Me, Ipv Screening Tool, Clover Hill High School Address, Best Hotel Bars In Tokyo, 2014 Isuzu D-max Review, What Does High Volume Mean In Stocks, Uae Outline Map With Emirates, Crafts For Families To Do Together, Houses In Brantford, 07109 Full Zip Code, How Much Cft Sand In One Tractor, P2000 Amber Fade Case, Lion Armband Tattoo, Treaty Of Union, Cama Albless Hospital Mumbai Website, Who Was Ranked The First From The Dauntless-born Initiates, Tiger Hill Darjeeling Temperature, Funny Pickleball Sayings, Clearwater International News, Austria Weather By Month, Mahindra Windchimes Rent, Warren Smith San Diego, Lil Pins Lol Doll, Dsv Air And Sea, Boonville Middle School, Picture Of Porsha Williams Mother, The Odyssey Circe, The Club Wwe Theme, Kjell Nilsson Mad Max 2, Leaflets Meaning In Tamil, Commend Antonym Word, Henna Cones For Sale, Transit Systems Sydney Depots, Told Ya Meme, Yokohama Classic Tyres, 364 Dornoch Drive Pawleys Island, Sc, Port Noarlunga Restaurants, Chico's Outlet Locations Florida, Wise Man's Grandchild Wiki,