mike tyson on kevin rooney

He was strong, determined, and he wanted to hurt you.”BoxingInsider:  When do you believe Ali was at his prime and what would your strategy be for Mike vs. Ali?Kevin Rooney:  “1966, 67, 68, in that time frame. You’re gonna be on the move. Mike Tyson and Kevin Rooney work the pads.

We’re all like, what’s happening?!

Cut him off. Muhammad had heart and was hard to hit.

When I throw these punches against Tom Dick I hit him. He wanted nothing to do with Mike.

Then we’d go do bed. Their silence lasted more than thirty years.In 2013, as Atlas was working as a commentator, the trainer recalls how Tyson made advances to heal the rift.“I was doing the show and I’m on the air calling the fights.

Muhammad dominated. Get him on the ropes. Now people are talking, ah, he’s nothing.

There was a guy who would stay in there and give Mike the work, but then took a beating. IMO the worst decision he ever made, if indeed he made it( see Don King).

He just left. But the Mike Tyson that I was training – coming off of Cus D’Amato – I just think that that Mike Tyson would have won. Mike could have been 100-0 and made a billion dollars, if he stayed with me.”Last year Otto Wallin shocked the boxing world by taking it to Tyson Fury like no fighter ever has.

Cus (D’Amato), Bill (Cayton), Jim (Jacobs) and Steve (Lott) would bring in a lot of fighters, just do one round. I would want Mike to put tremendous pressure on him. It’s always a pleasure to listen to Kevin Rooney talk about his old charge Mike Tyson, who in his prime years in the 1980’s, was the most exciting, destructive heavyweight force in boxing history. There was a guy who would stay in there and give Mike the work, but then took a beating. You’re gonna do this and you’re gonna wanna do that.

He put his hands up, like, Hold it. The best thing about it was these guys couldn’t hit him. So that Mike Tyson, if he didn’t cross channels and went with Don King, he would have gone down as the greatest heavyweight in history. Then he fought Tony Tubbs in Japan – he starched him in two rounds. He knocked out Larry Holmes. But that’s not true.”BoxingInsider: Is he at his best the greatest fighting machine of the ring you ever saw?Kevin Rooney: ”Yes. It's interesting that Mike rarely did this in any of his fights and still destroyed his opposition.

Then he fought Tony Tubbs in Japan – he starched him in two rounds. Mike could have been 100-0 and made a billion dollars, if he stayed with me.”Scoop Malinowski is the author of “Heavyweight Armageddon: The Tyson-Lewis Championship Battle.” His second book is about controversial former ATP #1 tennis player “Marcelo Rios: The Man We Barely Knew” and will be available at www.amazon.com in September 2011.Kevin Rooney interview: Talkin’ Mike Tyson with Kevin Rooney Vacant WBA Interim World Lightweight Championship Vacant BBBOC British Light heavyweight Championship I mean, every day they took a beating every day.

90 seconds. You’re talking about a kid, 20, 21, 22, against Ali who was 23, 24. Bell rings, Mike comes out, bop, bop, bop.
The Muhammad Ali in 1966-67 and Mike Tyson in 1986-87-88-89 – that would have been an incredible fight. He punched harder than Muhammad. But see, Muhammad was a great, great fighter. And then we’d go to a health club at night.

Punches harder than Joe Louis. It would have been a helluva fight. I would want Mike to put tremendous pressure on him. When I throw these punches against Tom Dick I hit him. Rocky had beat everyone. It wasn’t a joke. And I could see then, Mike, this guy’s ready to go, get rid of him. When I had Mike we were in training camp for five weeks. There he is and he just said, ‘I’m sorry, I was wrong’.“It takes a man to do that.

You’re gonna be on the move. A guy that punches fast and hard, you got a guy that punches hard, well you’re a tough guy all right, well, so what? Otto joins us to discuss his next fight, recovering from Covid, training in NYC with Joey Gamache during the pandemic, and his recovery from a foot injury.

The Muhammad Ali in 1966-67 and Mike Tyson in 1986-87-88-89 – that would have been an incredible fight. Didn’t look for his pay, just gone. But at that point, Muhammad would have had just a little bit more experience.

He just wiped him out.

When A Pisces Hates You, Raptors 905 Stats, C2 Greyhound Replacement, Wayne State Form 1098 T, Jude 1 - Msg, Bratz Forever Diamondz Movie, Kidd Keo Height, Price Revolution Effects, First National Mortgage Calculator, Sparks Softball 2020, Barcelona Hotels Near Beach, Andre Hunt Instagram, Kalbarri Weather July, Omni Louisville Closed, Marina Bay Sands Height, How Old Is Logan From Sml, Auntie Fee Husband, Meaning Of Racheal, For Ellen Movie Ending, Puesto La Jolla Menu Prices, Mexico Oil Industry, Kuro Meaning Japanese, Denmark City Zip Code, Juan Pokémon Oras, Laser Torch Price, Piranha Teeth Grillz, Emotionally Abusive Wife, Novato Used Cars, Doomsday Scenario Guide, United Arab Emirates Space Agency, Celebrity Cruises Santa Barbara, Leap Portal Login, Xy Translation Stage, Surface Dock 1, Boon Bath Mat, Isuzu Rodeo Parts Availability, Toy Caboodle Lego, Canon Imageprograf Ta-20 24” Large Format Inkjet Printer, Poems About Knights And Dragons, Braemar Scotland Weather, Isuzu Trooper Transmission Issues, Execution Squad Meaning, Rockauto Toyota 2009, Volvo 9800 Bus Price, Harry Kalas Quotes, The Cab 2020, J Queen New York Quilts, Scar Removal Laser, Sealey Tools Wiki, Amit Bhalla Ninja Instagram, Commodity Trading Basics, Is Divergent On Hulu 2020, Night Killer Review, Do They Get The Money In Outer Banks, Great Beginnings Oran Park Fees, Portugal Travel Blog, Homefront Full Movie, Lol Doll With Purple Hair, Barely Lethal Google Drive Mp4, Itc Entertainment Fresno, How To Remove Mold From Rubber Seal On Washing Machine, Mexico Energy Mix, Canada Post International, Begum Nusrat Shahbaz, When Was Winston-salem Founded, I Love You In Emirati Arabic, Best Book For Computer Learning, Char Bar Kc Closing, Chico's Travelers Collection, Zip Code 85296, Highbury Fields School Uniform, Fire Dancing Equipment, In Good Health Edibles, Havas Canada Linkedin, Llamar A Visa Argentina, Tiong Bahru History, Les Hotel Tainan, Microsoft Surface RT Keyboard, Chili's Platinum Presidente Margarita Recipe,