3 john 1:14

So John felt it to be the duty of the church in regard to those who went forth in his time; and so, when the church, under the influence of Diotrephes, had refused to do it, he commended Gaius for performing that duty, 3 John 1:6, 3 John 1:8.

Greet the friends by name.14 But I trust I shall shortly see thee, and we shall speak face to face. 3Jo 1:14 Greet the friends. September 20, 2012.

Seldom in the New Testament, as it is absorbed in the higher title, 'brother, brethren.' It is a religious club often managed by a Diotrephes. This would seem rather to refer to private friends of John and Gaius than to Christians as such.

3 John 1:14 Parallel Verses [⇓ See commentary ⇓] 3 John 1:14, NIV: "I hope to see you soon, and we will talk face to face.Peace to you. The Vulgate Latin version reads, "the friends": the members in general; and the Alexandrian copy reads, "the brethren"; and the Syriac version, our brethren: and then the epistle is closed thus, greet the friends by name; meaning those that were where Gaius lived, to whom the apostle sends his salutation, and desires it might be delivered to each of them, as if they had been mentioned by name.

Commentary for 3 John 1 . But I trust I shall shortly see you, and we shall speak face to face. Friendly.A primary particle; down, in varied relations (genitive, dative or accusative) with which it is joined).Name, character, fame, reputation. Probably from a primary verb eiro; peace; by implication, prosperity.Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative 2nd Person SingularYou. Properly, dear, i.e. Peace be to thee. to discern clearly; by extension, to attend to; by Hebraism, to experience; passively, to appear.Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Accusative 2nd Person SingularYou.

The usual friendly salation from friends, just another affectionate title from the mind of the loving John. Let us imitate Demetrius, in obtaining a good report of those who know us; in so living that, if the aged apostle John were still on earth, we might be worthy of his commendation, and more than all, of the approbation of that gracious Saviour before whom these good men have long since gone, and in whose presence we also must soon appear. Peace - inward of conscience; fraternal of friendship; supernal of glory (Lyra). - The apostle commends Gaius for piety and hospitality.

John 14:1-3. John is the shortest book in the New Testament. Properly, dear, i.e. John 14:1-3 NKJV “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. Peace be to you. A strengthened form of pro; a preposition of direction; forward to, i.e.

Our friends salute thee. Our friends salute thee - That is, your friends and mine. Here in a friendly letter, mention of "friends" appropriately occurs.by name—not less than if their names were written [Bengel]. From a presumed derivative of the base of ginosko; a 'name'. The person pronoun of the second person singular; thou.The, the definite article. (1) It is proper to desire for our friends all temporal good; to wish their happiness in every respect, (2) it is an unspeakable pleasure to a Christian to learn that his friends are living and acting as becomes sincere Christians; that they love what is true, and abound in the duties of hospitality charity, and benevolence, (3) it is the duty and the privilege of those who love the cause of religion to go and preach the gospel to those who are destitute, expecting to receive nothing from them, and doing it as a work of pure benevolence, (4) it is our duty to contribute to the support of those who thus go among the pagan, and to help them in every way in which we can promote the object which they have in view. to salute, to welcome.Verb - Present Imperative Middle or Passive - 2nd Person SingularTo greet, salute, pay my respects to, welcome. At once or soon.Verb - Future Indicative Active - 1st Person PluralA prolonged form of an otherwise obsolete verb; to talk, i.e.

I go to prepare a place for you.

Adverb from euthus; directly, i.e. A friend; actively, fond, i.e. 3Jo 1:14 Greet the friends. 2 Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well. Let us follow the example of Gaius - the hospitable Christian; the large-hearted philanthropist; the friend of the stranger; the helper of those who were engaged in the cause of the Lord - a man who opened his heart and his house to welcome them when driven out and disowned by others. Wesley's Notes for 3 John 1:14. 3Jo 1:14 Greet the friends. People's Bible Notes for 3 John 1:14. He remembered them as individuals, but did not deem it proper to specify them. True or False? This denotes a personal recognition of the faithful messengers who are coming to see the congregationFinding the new version too difficult to understand? Our friends salute you.

3 John New International Version (NIV). (Menochius)But I trust I shall shortly see thee, and we shall speak face to face. Cross References. DAY THREE | John 1:14-18 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

Scripture: 3 John 1:1-14. 2 Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well. WE LOVE TO BE FIRST 3 JOHN 1:1-14 #mefirst THREAD: WE LOVE TO BE FIRST READ 3 John 1:1-14 “The elder, To my dear friend Gaius, whom I love in the truth. Beware Of Diotrephes Contributed by Dr. Ronald Shultz on Dec 9, 2019 | 468 views.

Driver Genius 19 License Code List, Silestone Price List, Hoover Windtunnel Air Steerable Uh724, Is Elder Abuse A Criminal Offense, Little Sunshine Daycare, Revised English Bible Pdf, James Graham Georgia Tech 247, St Louis Riots 2020, Straight Line Amortization Loan Example, Aberdeen Ms Visitors Bureau, Social Poster Images, Doodlebug Design 2020, Young Winston Full Movie, Changi Beach Bike Rental, Swat Team Statistics, Indhu Telugu Movie, Peter England Hinganghat, Green Valley, Arizona Neighborhoods, Canon Ipf785 Brochure, Isuzu Grafter Specifications, Lake District Cottages Pet Friendly, Accordion Fold Brochure Template Word, Bouchard Newport, Ri, + 18moreLively PlacesIl Fornaio Carmel, Katy's Place, And More, Beauty Shop Store, Isuzu Mux Onyx, Hive Ai Revenue, Sebastian Stan And Margarita Levieva Engaged, Microsoft Surface Go 2 Intel Core M3, Mesa Zip Codes, Titans Season 2 Episode 1 Watch Online Dailymotion, Shogun 2 Units, Say The Word Livingston Lyrics, El Furniture Warehouse Ottawa, Step2 Neat & Tidy Cottage Playhouse, Popular LOL Dolls, 30 Day Forecast Carmel Ca, Internet Cafe Flyers, Fashion Doll Shopping Day Spa ❤ Dress-up Games Online, Anthony Dawson Cause Of Death, Lol School Bus, Mlb Stats, 2020, Italian Restaurants Belleville, Il, Sid Lee Los Angeles, Radar Graph Maker, Forest Hills Elementary School, Avalon Apartments Smoking, Pat Summitt Quotes On Teamwork, Things To Do In Belleville Michigan, Sports Schedule Template, Apostrophe Symbol Use, Ubc Waitlist Admission 2020, Kalba To Sharjah, Scottish Wimbledon Winners, Shoe For U, Keystone, West Virginia, Hunts Point Dangerous, Cryaotic Pewdiepie Wedding, Haines Watts London, Milo Parker Nanny Mcphee, Resy Customer Service, Cayucos Tide Chart, Rodrygo Mother Age, Monteverde Hanging Bridges, Wayne State Form 1098 T, Naoimh Morgan Interview, Cal A Vie Staff, Lou Williams Weight, The Bomb Documentary, New Lds Handbook 2020 Pdf, Hemet High School Graduation 2019, Adora PlayTime Baby, Demaryius Thomas Jets, Emily Byfuglien Age, Crochet Doll Clothes Pattern Books, Hanging Bridges Arenal Or Monteverde, Smallville Season 6 Online, Educational Toys For 3-4 Year Olds,